It’s cool; it’s the “in” thing today. It’s jejemon! If you do not know the meaning of jejemon, you can always look it up in the. . . Well, you can forget the dictionary. The word is not there. If you want to know what it means, you can ask. . . uhmm, you can ask. . . me!
Jejemon is a strange way of writing text messages using one’s cell phone. If you are not used to it, you will definitely need someone to decipher a jejemon message if you happen to receive one. Using this kind of messaging, one deliberately uses unnecessary letters particularly the letters j and x in writing words making them very hard to read. For example, one will write plx. instead of pls. as short for please, or jejeje instead of hehehe to let the recipient of his message know that he is amused by what he is talking about. There are hundreds of other words that jejemons have spelled using their own style, but I will leave them for you to discover.
Jejemon also refers to people who love this kind of writing. They have their worst enemy in the person of jejebusters. A jejebuster makes everything possible to convince a jejemon of the evil of this type of writing. I myself have noticed that wrong though it may be, jejemon has already found its place in the vocabulary of many students. They now consciously or unconsciously use it in many of their writing activity.
Now if you will ask me whose side I’m on, I will tell you, “I’m for the good not evil; I’m a jejebuster.”
-Nufa Mae Vicente
//TID
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.