If you're going to ask me what I did this summer, I would be very proud to answer, "I worked.” What work? The work God gave me—sharing the gospel through books! I did not work the whole summer though, but the three weeks that I spent going around the city to sell books and magazine was enough for me to find out how challenging the task was!
At first, I thought it would be fun, for I knew that I would be working with my friends every day. I was sure that a lot of people would be interested in what we would show them, but I was wrong. They would actually avoid us if only they had enough reasons to do so.
In our quarters, I would always hear myself saying how tired I was after a day’s work. The truth was that I was not only tired; I was exhausted! The fact that I was not able to sell even a single magazine would make me the more tired and depressed. No matter how hard I prayed, it would always be the same day after day—zero! I would always wonder how God could allow His children to go through such difficulty.
One day, just when my companions and I thought that nobody would open his home for us, a miracle happened! We knocked at the door of a very big house half-expecting that whoever was inside, he was not going to let us in. How wrong we were! A man came out and invited us to enter. After we explained to him our work, he asked his son to bring him some money. I knew that all of us were wondering which book or magazine he would buy. But to our surprise, he did not buy any; instead, he just gave us the money. He explained that he did not need any more book or magazine, but he wanted to help us because he knew how difficult it was to go home empty-handed. He said that he also had to work hard so he could go to school. Now that he was rich, he wanted to share his blessings to others.
I realized then that God answered our prayer for a blessing by touching the heart of that man. For me, it was a miracle that I would never forget as long as I live.
-Jeremy Dupagan, 3rd Year
//PCA
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.