It's been almost a decade when the Filipinos lived under the administration of
former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. Many situations tested her leadership such
as the historic Maguindanao Massacre, the terrifying AH1N1 virus attack, the raging
thunders and lightnings of typhoons “Ondoy” and “Pepeng”. Controversies flooded her
calendar such as the famous ZTE Scandal, the unresolved “Hello Garci....” issue, the “great
dinner” as I call it, the fertilizer fund scam. Showbiz industries also have their own front page
such as the “Katrina and Hayden Kho” sex scandal which had reached the senate. Politics also have their front line in the way Mr. Prospero Nograles took over the position of House Speaker from Mr. De Venecia. These are some of the unforgettable episodes of her reign. I, as a citizen, Ma'am Gloria really did her best but on the other hand, discontentment dominated most of the Filipinos' hearts. Many say she is corrupt, others say she is irresponsible. Despite of these she stood up and be able to finish her term.
Early on May 10, 2010, the very first automated election here in the Philippines was made possible. It was a sign that our country had its progress. The Filipinos raised their voices and was resulted to Mr. Benigno Simeon “noynoy” Cojuangco Aquino III's victory in presidency. As a matter of fact, he was the very first single president here in the Philippines. He has so many desires for our country to be in good condition. Many don't believe him but many support him. I, myself trust him and I think he will do good in his responsibility. Filipinos want change and I hope that he will not bring them down.
Changes spread throughout the nation. Just as the Baguio Seventh-day Adventist School Academy Department had its own automated election for the Student's Association. Chester Jones C. Dengay took the oath of being the S.A. President. I'm sure he will do his best in running such association just as the former S.A. President Oliver Donald A. Austria had done last year.
Changes are everywhere but what people wanted is to restore the spirit of democracy in which a country may cross a bridge.
- Danielle H. Bug-os
// PCA
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.