28 August 2010

My Big Fat Tummy

    I was still a young boy when I started to have this big fat tummy. Back then, I thought that the bulge suited me, and I  enjoyed having it. I was actually proud of it and would walk up and down without having to worry about figure or fitness. Because I wanted my big fat tummy to remain the way it was, I never thought of cutting down on the amount of food that I ate. In fact, I would always eat to my heart's content every time I was hungry. As a result, my stomach grew so big that it almost exploded! Still, I didn't care. I just loved my big fat tummy.
    When I became a little older, I realized that there was a bad side to having a big fat tummy, so I decided to change my eating habits. To my surprise, I could not just do it! I discovered that my stomach had become unmanageable. For instance, it would demand for food even at a very unlikely hour. Because of that, I soon found myself eating even the food reserved for my siblings.  As a result,  my brother and my sister would complain about it, but my big fat tummy would simply continue to growl as if saying, “Hey, I need some snacks!” or “Resver, I have had my first snack, but I need the second one now!” My problem was, I didn't know where to get the snack, so I had no choice but to eat the food that was not for me!
    Recently I realized that I have become a slave to my big fat tummy, so I said to myself that it was high time I trimmed it down. I decided to search the Internet how I could do it, and the worldwide web answered “DIET!” Simple? Oh no! I was sure this four-letter word means more than its denotation! I tried to figure out how I should do dieting. I thought of fasting for a day, and this I did, but I became so hungry that I ended up eating as much food as I did before. So, I said to myself, “Fasting is not a good idea.” I thought that may be I could sweat out the fat by doing some physical activities; so, I decided to play basketball and to jog to school.
    Playing basketball and jogging to school as well as cutting down on food on a daily basis are now a part of my life. One day while I was changing my clothes, I noticed that my stomach is not the same big fat tummy that I used to have. In fact, it has changed into a flat macho abdomen! I could hardly believe it! I know that I owe it to right diet and exercise. Today, I can say that I feel really good. I hope that I will be able to keep myself fit by taking good care of my tummy.
-Resver Manlongat, 2nd Year
//FAS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Pinned Post

2026 August Activities

  3-5 August -  Summative Examinations 15  August - Education Sabbath